Saturday, June 27

Week 1

I did it...I made it through a full work week here in South Africa, and I only got lost while driving approximately 3 times (many thanks to my new South African friends who gave me better directions after I told them my stories, and also for making sure that I always got home safe). I also only lost one hubcap (thanks a lot, giant pothole! at least it was the hubcap that I kinda scratched up against a curb, I guess).

So far I've been blessed to take a few beautiful, scenic night drives with a new friend to Camps Bay and Sea Point. Some of the houses on these cliff sides are amazing, by the way.

Went to Greenpoint last night with friends, and after a random run in with a sweet but crazy lady on the street who told us that she was from New York and was flying Delta to get back there in a few weeks (I know, random right?), we had 1kilo of prawns (each) by the bay at sunset. I think that pretty much anywhere you go in South Africa for prawns, you will always get deliciousness. I'm getting used to eating prawns with my hands.

It's a beautiful day today in Cape Town...more adventures to come this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment