Thursday, July 23

One year ago...

*Note: several of my next posts including this are being posted a few days later than originally written. WiFi in rural South Africa can be hard to find, and when you do finally find it, it comes at a price.*


As I sat on the beach today, I reflected on the fluidity of life with a good friend. We took some time out to realize that we are actually in Africa - a continent neither one of us had ever thought we'd venture to; and we are so incredibly blessed to be in the positions that we are currently in.


I feel more than lucky to be able to have journeyed through the route that fate has lighted for me so far. And I am thankful to have sight of the incredible opportunities that I have ahead. Your life truly does become what you choose to make of it.


One year ago, I had decided to take a leap of faith. It was a very difficult decision for me to leave the comforts of my home, all that was familiar, and give up the ten-year-timeline (you know, like the corner office, marriage, kids, etc.) that I had planned out for myself. Leaping to New York, which was just a passing thought several years before, became a mini-dream-series come true. Letting go a little, has helped me gain so much. I realize that it is one thing to internalize a mantra, but it is a completely different thing to live it. Happiness is a journey, not a destination.


Thank you for helping make my journey an incredibly humbling and wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment