Thursday, May 21

From east to west (coast)

In the past three days, I've gone from New Jersy to San Francisco to Phoenix. Interestingly enough, I'm not really jetlagged. I am just tired :-P

New Jersey was a really nice break from NYC. It felt more like being at home (a BIG thank you to my relatives there!); having the ability to sprawl out and breathe in big yards was great. An interesting note about New Jersey - the "best [cheese]burger ever" is located in East Brunswick. The award winning restaurant, Stage Left, is in the Rutgers area, and it was just named the best burger in the state by the Food Network (not to mention that it's received several other accolades already in the past). Somewhat skeptical of the ratings (even though I <3 the Food Network), I went to try it out with a good friend during my last night in NJ. It really was the best cheeseburger ever. You must go absolutely hungry though, because this thing is like a monster. If you haven't eaten at all throughout the day, also try the scallops. They were pretty amazing.

San Francisco was a really quick trip - but just long enough for me to ride the full length of the Bart (SFO to Fremont), go shopping at Union Square, go to a business meeting, see the Golden Gate Bridge, have a fantastic dinner at a cute Italian restaurant, and catch up with a really good old friend. What a treat!

I'm now back in Phoenix, my original "home" --where I'm a little bummed that it's cloudy and kind of rainy today. I guess it's a nice break from the 100 degree weather that's been toasting everyone, but I was looking forward to some sun. Oh well, maybe this weekend at the beach in LA...

No comments:

Post a Comment