Thursday, May 14

Salad Days

My atypical wanderlust...

Who: (You and) Me. Usually I'm a very calculated, not-exactly-spontaneous but still pretty outgoing, fun loving person. Since I moved to New York, I've become a smidge adventurous. This year, I'm turning 25 -- what better way to celebrate a quarter of a century than by flying around the world?

What: A blog to document the good, the bad, and the ugly (but hopefully not much) of my Summer travels 2009

Where: see the Sched on the sidebar

When: from today until mid-August

Why: A good friend once told me that life changes when you hit 25 - you reach a sort of coming of age that gives you a different perspective on just about everything. The feeling of wanting to "settle down" begins to set in, as the body clock starts ticking away. I kind of feel like I'm starting to see it - like it's a beautiful horizon that's been there all along, but I haven't put my glasses on yet so it's still a little blurry. So before I do, I'm going to take another dose of my own medicine and Carpe Diem.

How: Planes, trains, cars, wonderful friends and family who have agreed to house me, and good fortune.

1 comment:

  1. take it all in, liv. am a bit sad espana is not in the itinerary. haven't seen you. :)

    ReplyDelete