Wednesday, August 12

Last day in Paris

7:45am - Matt woke me up to tell me he's going to try to beat the lines at the Louvre (which he apparently succeeded at because he was the 3rd person in line, woot woot)

7:46am - I decided to sleep in

8:20am - I couldn't go back to sleep so I got up to repack and prune my facebook friends

9:30am - Finally left the hotel, picked up water, crackers, and cheese at the grocery store; was mistaken for a local when someone tried to ask me for directions in French; got on the subway

10:00am - Went shopping at the Gap Paris on Champ Elysees (so that I can further avoid to do laundry until I get back to NY)

11:10am - Found my favorite spot in Paris at the Musee de l'Orangerie in front of Monet's Nympheas (Waterlilies)

12:30pm - Wandered into the Jardin des Tulleries to perch for some Babybel & biscuits

1:15pm - Found myself in a sea of people at the Louvre

1:30pm - Completed the museum pilgrimage to the Mona Lisa

1:50pm - Decided that I liked the Venus de Milo better; wandered through a couple more wings and found my favorite sculpture



2:30pm - Too hot and too many people in the Louvre

3:00pm - Wandered over to the Forum for some shopping

3:45pm - Decided to find an authentically French food (other than fries / frites)...

3:50pm - Balanced myself on a fountainside with a Nutella & Coconut Crepe which was hot and delicious


4:30pm - Hopped on the subway and made it back to the hotel in one piece after almost falling asleep on the train :P 

7:00pm - Had a McRoyale (aka McDonald's quarter pounder) for dinner [apparently McDonald's taste testing was part of the world tour...Matt has come to the conclusion that  big Mac tastes the same practically anywhere you go]

9:11pm - The sun set in Paris

...Bristol here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment