Sunday, August 16

Traveling

Right now I'm waiting for my Eurostar train at the Paris Nord station. Free wifi is really difficult to come by, so I am once again typing in TextEdit and will paste this online when I can :)


Paris on a budget: When you have to spend in Euros (and you don't earn in Euros), things can get pretty expensive. Tips for Paris - go to the grocery stores to buy snacks and bottled water. They are 10x cheaper there than anywhere else. But have at least 1 nice dinner because you have to try the French wine, cheese, seafood, and crepes. Macaroons are also pretty big here too -- try at least 1 somewhere (Pierre Hermes recommended).


So Matt and I just parted ways...he is headed back home (after a short layover in Iceland) and I am now headed to Bristol. Looking back, it was a long 2+ months that oddly flew by, but it was a lot of fun. 


So, buddy -- Thanks for inflicting several pseudo-bruises on me, for not making fun of me as much as you could have, for eating worcestershire (instead of soy sauce) chicken, for trying to teach me how to drive stick, for enduring some of the longest layovers ever, for letting me unevenly chop your hair off, for getting "lost" in Montemarte, for letting me share in your rum with a side of cake, and for being an awesome travel buddy. Oh yeah, and for all the very "cooul" pictures too.


**This post was created several days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment